The Public Officer is the official point of contact for an incorporated association and one of the authorised signatories.
- Act as the official contact for the association, including taking delivery of documents served on the association and bringing them to the attention of the committee as soon as possible
- A signatory on official documentation involving the organisation as an incorporated association
- Assisting in the negotiation of public grants sought by SoACT
- Chair the election of office bearers and committee members at the annual general meeting
- Be responsible for the use of the Common Seal of the School of Arts and sign when necessary
- Notify the NSW Department of Fair Trading of any change in the association’s official address within 28 days